Frequently Asked Questions
By browsing through these FAQ’s, you will be helping us to expedite your enrollment process. If the answer to your inquiry isn’t found here, we invite you to call or visit us. Do take the time to read these FAQ’s as many of your basic questions will have already been answered here.
- Are you offering online courses?
Yes, we currently offer our LEO: Learn English Online program via ZOOM. Right now, we are offering several courses courses:CXL: Communication Excellence Lab
AIA: American Institute Anglia English Journey
CWIG: Critical Writing and Intensive Grammar
PSE: Public Speaking Excellence
CXY: Communication Excellence for the Youth, for kids ages 9 to 15
CXYT: Communication Excellence for the Youth – Tots, for kids ages 4 to 8
TESOL: Teaching English to Students of Other Languages
TESOLxCITE: Teaching English to Students of Other Languages PLUS Certificate for International Teachers of English
PRIVATE: One-on-One Intensive Training
CORPORATE: Company-tailored Communication Excellence Program
- What are your courses? We offer various LEO: Learn English Online and F2F: Face-to-Face English proficiency programs. You may see a full description here: courses.
- What are the differences among your courses? How do I know which course is right for me? CXL Course is the most comprehensive (and most popular) course as it combines three major courses: CWIG (45%), PSE (45%), and AA (10%). Modules include writing, grammar, public speaking, conversation fluency, critical thinking, personality development, confidence building and American accent.
CWIG Course is strictly grammar and writing lessons. There are no speeches and presentations in this class.
PSE Course is a combination of public speaking, grammar, and writing. There are speeches, conversations, and presentations in this class.
C3 Course is strictly a public speaking and presentations class. Grammar and writing, as well as American accent, are not covered in this course.
CXY Course is similar to the CX course, except this course is offered to children ages 9 to 15. CXYT is for kids ages 4 to 8.
BEP Course is similar to CX Course, except there is a strong business element to the course such as power point presentation, conducting meetings, and business correspondence/writing.
- What is the difference between 40 hours, 50 hours, 100 hours, and so on? The difference in the number of hours is the depth of coverage, meaning the more time you put into studying a subject, the better you will be able to master it. Learning English and communication skills takes time and dedication just like doctors, lawyers, and pilots have to put in thousands of hours just to be able to practice their skills in their fields. If you really want to speak English well, we recommend that you enroll in more hours.
- Can I take a combination of the courses? Yes, for maximum results, we highly recommend that you enroll in the other courses. You can take the courses at the same time. We also recommend that you take a private class to accelerate your development.
- Do you have a course outline or a syllabus?
We do have a course outline for our most comprehensive program: CXL Course Modules and Schedule. You may see other course outlines and topics here here: ENGLISH COURSE OUTLINE.
- What are your schedules? Can I choose my own schedule? When can I start? We know that you have an active lifestyle. Therefore, we have designed our courses so that you can select your own schedule.
NOTE: For CXL, there are two or three start dates per month. You are required to attend the first three days, which we call CORE classes, as they are very important for you to understand succeeding lessons. When you have completed your CORE requirement, you may attend any day you want.
For CXY/CXYT, we have one batch per month. Please call us for the schedule of the next batch.
PROGRAM WEEKDAYS (M-F) WEEKEND (SAT) WEEKEND (SUN) CXL/ECC 8:15PM – 10:15PM 01:00PM – 05:00PM – CXY 06:00PM – 08:00PM – – CXYT 05:00PM – 06:00PM – – CWIG/PSE Call for Schedule Call for Schedule Call for Schedule STP: IELTS/TOFEL GROUP:
08:15PM – 10:15PMPRIVATE:
Choose Your Days & Hours
01:00PM – 05:00PMPRIVATE:
Choose Your Days & Hours
GROUP: Not AvailablePRIVATE:
Choose Your Days & Hours
PRIVATE/CTP: CORPORATE FLEXIBLE: Choose Your Days & Hours FLEXIBLE: Choose Your Days & Hours- FLEXIBLE: Choose Your Days & Hours
- What if I can’t attend everyday? What if I miss a class?
It’s okay. The classes have been offered sine January 1, 2007, and they are on an rolling or open enrollment basis. How does this work? Our courses are modular, meaning we teach module by module. You don’t need to know previous modules to do well in other modules. You will be able to get different modules until you complete all the foundations and required modules.
NOTE: The only requirement is that you attend the first three days of class for CXL.
Furthermore, the students, who were once new students as well, will assist new students so that they can learn faster. The Specialist or teacher will also make sure that the new student will catch up. Therefore, if you miss a class, you can still catch up. In fact, newer students overtake other students depending on their learning capacity.
- Do you offer a payment plan? What forms of payment do you accept? Yes, we do offer a payment plan, starting with a 50% deposit. You may pay the remaining 50% within two weeks to a month, depending on when you end your course. We accept cash, Gcash, check, credit card, or bank deposit. For complete details here: PAYMENT OPTIONS
- What is the guarantee that I will learn? Our guarantee is the same as many reputable institutions, that we have the best English specialists not only in the Philippines, but throughout Asia. They have gone through a rigorous selection process to ensure that they are highly qualified. Our trainers have varied background in entrepreneurship, performance arts, teaching and education, business management, motivational speaking, and are all well traveled.
Furthermore, our courses are so dynamic as we offer critical and creative thinking as foundations to our courses. We provide a learning environment that is full of culture, diversity, and professionalism. English becomes your lifestyle at The American Institute.
Finally, we have been offering our courses since 2007. We have helped thousands of students from all walks of life: college students, graduates, office professionals, accountants, doctors, lawyers, celebrities, actors, politicians, business owners and entrepreneurs, pageant contestants, and many more. We have also collaborated with major local and international corporate clients: Jollibee, GMA, ABS-CBN, ANC, BIR, Davies’ Paint, San Miguel, Del Monte, Jesus is Lord, Shell, Chevron, AIG, and many more…
- How do I enroll? What is your enrollment process?
First, decide three things: 1) course 2) schedule 3) number of hours to study. If you need assistance deciding which course is best for you and your needs, please contact us so that we can provide you FREE ASSESSMENT. Once you have decided your program, simply make a payment and set your schedule with us.
- Do you offer a certificate? We offer a Letter of Enrollment and Achievement with corporate stamp and signature. We also offer an international certificate through our ANGLIA programs. Lastly, we have partnered with AIEP Inc. with a TESDA certificate program.